The KE2WK Memorial Award is in recognition of the highest achievement available from RDXA. KE2WK (sk) was a past President of RDXA and the initial award was instituted in his memory by Wayne King N2WK.
The KE2WK Award is presented on an as-deserved basis. Only those that have demonstrated the very highest level of dedication and service to RDXA and the Amateur Radio community are considered.
The KE2WK Award recipient is chosen via a confidential ballot consisting of the past honorees. The award winner receives a permanent plaque and also a traveling plaque listing all the recipients and it is held by the most recent honoree. The specific criteria for the honoree is listed below.
2013 KC2QLJ Brent Hungate
* = Past President
THE KE2WK AWARD CriteriaThe KE2WK Award recognizes the HF enthusiast who has been the most active in RDXA Club affairs, demonstrated long term club commitment and made contributions to the club newsletter. It is a person who is recognized by club members as a high profile, active, radio operator pursuing DX and participating in HF contests while promoting the RDXA and Amateur Radio on the HF bands.
The KE2WK Award criteria for “The RDXA Amateur of the Year Award”, is as follows.
- A member(s) of the RDXA has to nominate a fellow club member(s).
- Nominations shall be presented to the LAST recipient of the award ONLY. This is to help keep the nomination(s) confidential if possible. He or she then will start the decision making process with as many past winners of the award as possible so the candidate may be selected if qualified. If a past winner is nominated, he or she shall be excluded from the selection committee.
- If past winners are NOT available then the BOD will help decide on the winner if the candidate is qualified. Nominees shall not be on the committee and not privy to their nomination.
- This award does not have to be presented every year. Even if someone is nominated but does not fit the criteria then the committee can elect not to proceed for a given year.
- The committee, made up of past winners or the BOD, shall not be biased on their decisions and shall select the winner on his or her merits only. This should not be a popularity award.
- The committee shall be discrete and NOT disclose their decision, if a nominee has been selected, until the time and date of the award presentation is determined.
- Note that “if qualified” is in relation to what is inscribed on the award. The inscription must be reviewed during the selection process.
The award is in memory of our past President Bill Beckett KE2WK 1991-1993.